Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Greatest Christmas Gift ...





The day after Christmas my Mom had a Doctor appointment. She happens to see the same Doctor who delivered Gavie. Well my Mom had to go over to the Hospital to have some lab work done and who did she happen to run into ...

The Nurse who took the labs from Gavie's arm and stirred his Cancer up. My Mom introduced herself and said you do not probably know who I am but you treated my Grandson when he was a month old. She said the Nurse looked at her and said I remember him. He was the little baby who came in here with abnormal Liver levels in his newborn screen. She then went on to say Oh dear was there something wrong with his Liver. My Mom said No but you did find out what was wrong with him. The Nurse asked and my Mom told her that he was born with Cancer and that that one little needle stick saved his life. The Nurse bawled like a baby and said if anything that is what made her job worth everything. Just knowing that she saved his life even though it was not intentional. I always wanted to go back to the Hospital and Thank her for the gift she has given me. I am so glad my Mom got the opportunity to let her know what she means to us and the special place in our heart she has.

No comments: