Monday, October 8, 2007

I'm Special ..

I'm Special ...
I am a special little boy sent down from up above ...
A beautiful lil man for my Mommy and Daddy to love ...
God made me perfect except for one little spot ...
A little bump to be found after I got a shot ...
I am my Mommy's lil Miracle ...
My Daddy's lil Superhero ...
When I am happy my big brown eyes shine ...
You would never guess I was so sick for quite a long time ...
I was sent down from God in the heavens above ...
To teach everyone about what it is to be loved ...
God whispered in my ear just before he let me go down to earth that day ...
Make your Mommy smile and let her know that everything is going to be ok ...
I have a scar on my arm that I show with pride ...
It is a reminder to never run from your fears and to never hide ...
I am special you see ...
I have super powers from chemotherapy ...
I may be really tiny and small ...
But I feel like I have already been through it all ...
So remember when your day is not filled with glee ...
That there are other special kids just like me ...
Those kids to were sent here special from God himself ...
To show us there is more to life then just greed and wealth ...
We all have a purpose in life the day we begin our own ...
As for me I am just beginning my adventures here at home ...
I am a very special little boy you know ...
Just watch me grow!!!
Dedicated to My lil Hero Gavin ...
Written by: Jodie Louthain

I wrote this poem for Gavie while he was going through his treatments.

1 comment:

Marla said...

Oh Jodie, that is just beautiful! You always know how to make me cry!!